Good luck to us.
It's a guilt-ridden thing for parents to dislike their children.
But it's real.
The ages 17-19 (if you're lucky) are the absolute worst.
I have 4 children. #3 is now 18. And he is an asshole. Yeah, you heard me right. I'm not sorry for saying so.
He thinks that rules are stupid. He thinks that I am stupid.
He does whatever he wants and then, when I catch him, he punishes me for enacting consequences.
Parenting sucks at this age.
They expect everything and appreciate nothing.
And you (we) never stop loving them fiercely. Wanting them to be happy, successful. And they resent you for it and resist your efforts.
Welcome to parenting.
If we think it's a good idea, they treat it as if it's the worst. If we give them space, they go nuts and trash their room, the car, the bathroom, wherever they go.
And we are supposed to be cool, chill, and always loving. But it sucks so hard!!!!!!! I have about a thousand coping tools. I need every one.
If you are a parent of a teen this age - I hear you - I feel you - I am you.
We will be okay in a couple of years. Something happens then. They somehow turn into people again. I really can't wait.
Hold my hand. I'll hold yours. Message me and rant. It's okay. I won't judge you. I understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment